When it comes to moulds, people often associate die-casting moulds with injection moulds, but in fact the difference between them is still very significant. As die casting is the process of filling a mould cavity with liquid or semi-liquid metal at a very high rate and solidifying it under pressure to obtain a die casting. Generally used in metal, while injection moulding is injection moulding, the main method of thermoplastic moulding, thermoplastic is made of thermoplastic resin, which can be repeatedly heated to soften and cooled to solidify, a physical process, reversible, which means that it can be used as recycled plastic.
Differences between die-casting moulds and plastic moulds.
1. The injection pressure of die-casting moulds is high, so the template requirements are relatively thick to prevent deformation.
2.The gate of die-casting moulds is different from that of injection moulds, which require high pressure to do the diversion cone to break down the material flow.
3.Die-casting moulds do not need to quench the die kernel, because the temperature inside the mould cavity is over 700 degrees when die-casting, so each molding is equivalent to quenching once, the mould cavity will become harder and harder, while the general injection moulds should be quenched to HRC52 or more.
4.Die-casting moulds generally cavity to nitriding treatment, to prevent the alloy sticky cavity.
5.Generally die-casting moulds are more corrosive, the outer surface is generally blue treatment.
6.Compared with injection moulds, die-casting moulds have a larger clearance for the movable parts (such as the core slider), because the high temperature of the die-casting process will cause thermal expansion. If the clearance is too small it will cause the mould to seize.
7. The die-casting mould’s parting surface with some higher requirements, because the alloy liquidity is much better than plastic, high temperature and high pressure material flow from the parting surface will fly out very dangerous.
8. Injection moulds generally rely on ejector pins, parting surfaces, etc. can be exhausted, die-casting moulds must open exhaust grooves and collection of slag bags (to collect cold material head).
9. Molding inconsistent, die-casting mold injection speed, a section of injection pressure. Plastic moulds are usually injected in several sections, holding pressure.
10. Die-casting moulds for two plate mould once open mould, plastic mould different product structure is not the same.
In addition, plastic moulds and die-casting moulds in the production of steel is different; plastic moulds are generally used S136 718 NAK80, T8, T10 and other steel, while die-casting moulds are mainly used 3Cr2, SKD61, H13 such heat-resistant steel.
Post time: Oct-26-2022