Plastic mold is an abbreviation for a combined mold for compression molding, extrusion molding, injection molding, blow molding and low foam molding. Die-casting die is a method of casting liquid die forging, a process completed on a dedicated die-casting die forging machine. So what is the difference between a plastic mold and a die-casting mold?
1. Generally, the die-casting mold is relatively corroded, and the outer surface is generally blued.
2. The general cavity of the die-casting mold should be nitrided to prevent the alloy from sticking to the cavity.
3. The injection pressure of the die-casting mold is large, so the template is required to be relatively thicker to prevent deformation.
4. The gate of the die-casting mold is different from that of the injection mold, which requires a high pressure of the split cone to decompose the flow.
5. The molding is inconsistent, the injection speed of the die-casting mold is fast, and the injection pressure is one stage. The plastic mold is usually injected in several stages to maintain the pressure;
6. Generally, the plastic mold can be exhausted by the thimble, parting surface, etc. The die-casting mold must have an exhaust groove and a slag collecting bag.
7. The parting surface of the die-casting mold has higher requirements, because the fluidity of the alloy is much better than that of the plastic, and it is very dangerous for the high temperature and high pressure material flow to fly out of the parting surface.
8. The die core of die-casting mold does not need to be quenched, because the temperature in the die cavity exceeds 700 degrees during die-casting, so each molding is equivalent to quenching once, and the die cavity will become harder and harder, while general plastic molds should be quenched to above HRC52.
9. Compared with the plastic mold, the matching clearance of the movable part of the die-casting mold (such as the core-pulling slider) is larger, because the high temperature of the die-casting process will cause thermal expansion, and if the clearance is too small, the mold will be stuck.
10. Die-casting molds are two-plate molds that are opened at one time. Different plastic molds have different product structures. Three-plate molds are common. The number and sequence of mold openings are matched with the mold structure.
Our company has been specialized in mold designing,mold building,plastic injection molding for over 20 years.And we are a ISO certificated manufacturer.We have an experienced team to provide the best service anytime.
Post time: May-04-2022